I’d like to take a note, please check the original post for more detail.
1. Download patch file from the VMware patch portal and upload it to /vmfs/volumes/datastore/patches;
2. Enable ESXi Shell and SSH in host;
3. Migrate or power off the virtual machines running on the host and put the host into maintenance mode.
# vim-cmd hostsvc/maintenance_mode_enter
4. Install or update a patch on the host using these esxcli commands:
# esxcli software vib install -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore/patches/ESXi510-201307001.zip
5. Verify that the VIBs are installed on your ESXi host:
# esxcli software vib list
6. Reboot the ESX host;
7. vSphere client login the host after reboot, exit maintenance mode and power on the virtual machines.